Fixed Income Strategies
We have a strong fixed income investment culture backed by sound, fundamental research and an experienced Investment team whose primary goal is to help our clients meet their objectives.
Pioneer's institutional fixed income strategies are distinguished by:
Time-tested, proven investment approach
- Value-orientated: Our value philosophy underlies all investment decisions. Consequently, the investment process focuses primarily on absolute — rather than benchmark-relative — risk. As value-driven managers, the Fixed Income team adds alpha primarily through asset allocation and security selection.
- Diversified* approach: The team primarily invests across a broad range of fixed income sectors, both within and outside of its benchmark. By doing so, our team is able to capture potentially higher returns, while diversifying risk through lower correlation of certain sectors.
- Downside risk protection: Pioneer focuses on helping protect investors from downside risk. With our proven record in asset allocation and core competency in credit, the firm has avoided at-risk sectors and has a strong history of avoiding defaults and preserving client capital.
Tenured, collaborative investment team
- Stable team: Our US fixed income investment professionals each have an average of over 20 years of industry experience
- Strong collaboration and communication: Our US portfolio managers and analysts are partners in producing investment results for clients. We hold a weekly fixed income meeting and encourage a constant flow of communication among our Investment team members — all of whom are located on the same floor.
- Global resources: Because of our worldwide network and broad capabilities, our US Fixed Income team can leverage global investment resources in our London and Dublin offices, including those of the equity and non-US Fixed Income teams.