- Investment Approach
Fixed Income Strategies
- Insurance Linked Securities Strategy High Yield Strategies
- Long Duration Credit Strategies Multi-Sector Credit Strategies
- Multi-Sector Fixed Income Strategies Short Duration Strategies
- Equity Strategies
- About Us
In 1928, Pioneer's founder Philip Carret helped originate value investing — a style of investment that remains at the core of our investment philosophy today. We invest in equities using a consistent, structured process coupled with strong research and proprietary risk management and active portfolio management.
Three key components drive our institutional equity portfolio construction.
Sophisticated, fundamental research
- Career analysts, specialized expertise: Our central research team is comprised of a team of US investment analysts, each of whom averages about 20 years of experience in a specific asset class and sector. These experts perform comprehensive analysis and rating of each investment under consideration.
- Repeatable, proven process: Together, our Portfolio Management team and analysts complete strategy-specific analysis and determine whether a company is a good fit for the portfolio.
Bottom-up security selection
- Focus on positive alpha: We seek to identify and invest in companies that effectively deploy capital and have sound prospects for future opportunities and have consistently demonstrated strong performance.
- Concentrate on consistent risk/return: An emphasis on quality and valuation, combined with sound portfolio construction and risk management, helps ensure consistent risk/return profiles.
Comprehensive risk management
- Tested, proven, proprietary: Our proprietary process provides the framework and guidelines that ensure our team is consistently connected to our core philosophy.
- Preservation of client capital: Protecting client capital serves as the key focus in the stock selection phase. This, together with the processes outlined above, helps ensure that our clients' long-term goals are met.